Adobe, Microsoft Sweep Great Indian Developer Awards 2009
Winners announced across eleven software product excellence categories
April 25, 2009, Bangalore - Saltmarch Media's annual Great Indian Developer Awards honor trailblazing individuals, technologies, and organizations that are contributing to the evangelism, productivity and innovation excellence of the Indian developer ecosystem. These awards recognize the product and innovation excellence of the hundreds of software products and tools that aid developer productivity, across 11 different categories. The selection criteria applied by an international stature panel places emphasis on functionality, usability, innovation excellence, bleeding-edge quotient, and feedback from the developer ecosystem.
The Winners for Great Indian Developer Awards 2009 were announced at a fun-filled awards evening hosted by Cyrus Broacha at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus, Bangalore this evening:
- Development Environments: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Collaboration Solution: Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional
- Content Management: Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS)
- Design and Modeling: IBM Rational Rose
- Change and Configuration Management: CollabNet SourceForge Enterprise Edition
- Testing: JBoss Profiler
- Security: Quest InTrust
- Web Development: Adobe ColdFusion 8
- Mobile Development: Nokia Symbian
- Frameworks: Adobe Flex
- Database: BusinessObjects Crystal Reports & Oracle Database 11g
A highly participatory process, the decision is staggered across four stages. Stages I through III involved a democratic community participation with long lists and short lists for each category, and subsequent voting on those lists.
- Stage I presented a description of each award category and called out for nominations of software products to each category. Stage I opened on 06 October 2008 and closed on 10 Nov 2009. The result was a long list, which was then open to the community for voting until 12 Jan 2009.
- Stage II was the announcement of the shortlist on 09 Feb 2009.
- Stage III opened on 10 Feb 2009 and involved voting on the shortlist until 10 April 2009. Season II of the awards recorded over 44000 unique votes across Stages I through III.
- Stage IV involved counting and consolidation of the votes and selection of winners by an esteemed panel of judges, including Shri. M N Vidyashankar (Chief Election Officer & Former Principal Secretary IT, Government of Karnataka), Dr. Kasturi Rangachar (Immediate Past President, IEEE Worldwide), Vijay Anand (Managing Director, Intuit), Dr. Venkat Subramaniam (Founder, Agile Development Inc), who also place a special emphasis on the outcome of the voting process. The selection criteria applied by an international stature panel places emphasis on functionality, usability, innovation excellence, bleeding-edge quotient, and feedback from the developer ecosystem.
About Saltmarch Media
Saltmarch Media, launched in January 2008, is a new-media company that aims to bring together professionals and executives from diverse sectors with an objective of informing, networking and serving them with information, opportunities, evaluation and guidance to excel in their jobs. Saltmarch horizontals include Saltmarch Portals (online information), Saltmarch Intelligence (offers custom research and advisory services), Saltmarch Deluxe (upscale deal-making congresses) and Saltmarch Summits (large format conferences and expo). Saltmarch's vertical focus spans Information Technology, Clean Technology, BFSI, Utitlities/Energy, Manufacturing, Telecom, Healthcare, Retail and Media, among others. Other forthcoming Saltmarch Summits in the year for the Information Technology ecosystem include: Eclipse India Summit (July 17-18 Bangalore) and Business Technology Summit (Nov 4-7 2009).. More information: http://www.saltmarch.com/